scamI was reading my Advanced Control notes restlessly after breakfast, looking forward to going out for a short walk later in the afternoon. CW came into my room and passed some mails to me. YAY! I'm always excited about mails as long as they are not bills. hahaha... two of them were those promotional phamplets which can be recognised immediately from the transparent plastic packaging. And there's another white enevelope which looked like it could be a personal mail!! oOooOh... who could have written me a letter~ I raised my brows upon looking at the stamp because it came from Spain, Espana! which is weird... since I don't rmb knowing anyone being there at the moment.
It turned out to be a notification from Loteria Primitiva telling me that i've won 615810 euros! from an international lottery!! wOoHOoOo!! without me knowing i've participated in it!!! I'm rich!! muahahahhaha...
the corresponding email to my claim agent AXA Security Company S.A. is axasecur_zzz@yahoo.es . lol~ how cheapo can the company get to use a free email account. and 'zzz'-ing seems to be in their culture too! the date which the lottery was held was stated as "23
TD march 07" in bold... and my winnings is currently deposited in a band called 'BANK'. wow.
i googled 'loteria primitiva' and immediately the very first hit said it's an international scam. And I found out that there's actually
alot more of these scams out there! Lesson of the day: Don't ever believe in 'money-dropping-from-the-sky'.
Legitimate lotteries do NOT notify their winners. In almost ALL cases, it is up to the holder of the ticket to contact the lottery... so that they don't have to pay u at all if you forget about it!!! heh...