That's just life right..I have a folder in my email named "DON'T read anymore". I have been obediently following this instruction for quite some time.. At the start, it was a conscious effort. But slowly, I just forgot about its existence.
Today, I happened to see this folder again. Curious, I clicked on it. I can't rmb the contents anymore, so I'm interested to find out what's the difference reading them a few yrs later.
Memories which were cleanly wiped out of my mind came back again. Though they are in bits and pieces only, it's enough to bring back certain emotions. Perhaps part of it was induced from the song I was listening to then.
The words in the emails, of course, remained the same. The feelings at the point of writing is still clearly evident. As for the feelings upon reading them... well, the same emotions can be recalled, there are still the same set of doubts, but there's now also the feeling of pity. Pity that it had to be like that.
But there's no regrets though. I know it was for the best.