ka neng...I think the adrenalin is wearing off... haha.. I was super excited just now and kept thinking that i MUST blog abt it. but now i'm getting tired and the laze is setting in... haha..
It had been a very fun morning!! Supposed to wake up at 6am... in the end,
5.51am - Rrrrinnngg.... *snooze* (no reaction)
6.01am - Rrrrinnngg.... *snooze* huh..
6.11am - Rrrrinnngg.... *snooze* right...
6.21am - Rrrrinnngg.... *snooze* ok... time to wake up...
6.31am - Rrrrinnngg.... *off* only left 15min to prepare. crap..
Finally dragged myself out of bed at 6.35am to wash up and stuff. The plan was to leave house at 6.45am. In the end, still ended up leaving at only 7.10am. I know how to dilly dally very well man.
So that meant I need to travel all the way to almost where 2nd link is in 20min. Normally I take 30min to get to causeway when i travel slightly above speed limit.. 2nd link is further away... jialat, looked like i need to be really fast. So, for once, I drove even faster than when I was on the North-South highway. For the first time, the speedometer hit 140km/hr at certain portion.. Managed to get onto Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim at 7.30am... but as luck would have it, I got lost and had to u-turn several times going ard in circles. =(
By the time I reached, which is 20min later, the VIPs had arrived, everyone had completed the warm-up exercises and are on their bikes with the helmets on, gearing up to go! Thank goodness I didn't like reach 5min later... they would have all disappeared by then!
So the journey through the usually restricted western catchment area began! It's super exciting lar... The checkpoint and the straits of johor on the left, the reservoirs on the right. What made it even more exciting is when it started to drizzle. Before we knew it, the drizzle immediately turned heavy and pelted down.. Had to put on the poncho provided by the organiser hurriedly, but as expected, by the time we wore the poncho.. the rain had already became lighter. haha..
The route is mainly by the western coast with the straits of johor in view, then turned inland nearer the destination - which is one of our pumping station. Ok lar, it didn't seem to be very interesting initially... until when they started to open the cone valve!!! The beauty and power of water. NICE. muahaha..
After that we took back the same route.. actually by then my thighs were already like jelly already. So when the rear tyre of my bicycle got punctured, I didn't realize. I still thought it's becos I'm getting tired that's why it's getting tougher to cycle. It's only when one of the Directors who caught up behind me pointed it out then I found out. And he offered to swap his bike with mine, and asked me to go ahead while he wait for the spare replacement. He was so insistent that I couldn't reject and went off first... I felt so bad!! >_< Luckily the remaining distance is not too long. But still..
Finally reached the starting/ending point at ard 10.15am. 15km of cycling. Actually it was less tough than I had expected lar, cos the route was actually not so bumpy. And the weather was pretty cooling due to the rain. But because I missed the warm-up session, and after that in a rushed attempt to catch the mcdonald breakfast, I did not warm down too.. so my thighs are now (just 7 hours after the event) soft like jelly and aching like mad.
Just a simple activity... but the mad rush to get there, the restricted venue, the first time cycling in the rain, the company, the cone valve jet spray, the unexpected punctured tyre, the weather... this entire experience made this simple activity really very fun! Felt like I'm back to sch, attending a Saturday CCA activity. NICE! =)