sleepy thoughts..Just wondering....
How common is it for people to watch movie alone?
Have you?
It seems quite pathetic right? To watch movies alone... of cos those at home not counted lar. I'm referring to the ones at the cinema where you need to pay. I think it's quite a common perception that there should be at least two people watching together. Even when you try to book tickets online, it's not allowed to leave only one empty seat in btw.
So far, I've done it once in my life. It was in my sec 3 days. My friend and I agreed to meet at Dhoby Ghaut for movie at PS. In the end, both of us waited for each other at different locations, and it was a time with no mobile phone. Since it's a show I really wanted to watch and I thought I was being pangseh-ed, I bought the ticket to watch alone. While it felt a bit sad while buying the ticket, the watching itself is quite another experience. It was on a weekday afternoon so the cinema was quite empty and I got quite a lot of 'personal space' to myself. So it actually felt quite good. heh...
Thereafter I try not to do it again. I still feel weird buying just 1 ticket at the counter, and it seems a bit sad too. But recently I had the impulse to do it again... Perhaps one of these days at some more ulu cinema, I may try again.