Joining the crowd...As again, I hold up to my "name" and rushed to be the last in line at the High Commission again.
I didn't have much incentive or any strong desire to apply for the Singapore citizenship. The number one reason why i did it is because my parents wanna get it and they can't get it on their own merits, so the ICA officers advised the entire family to apply together for a higher chance. That's how I submitted my application. Anw due to some timing and other issues, my bro and sis didnt apply together with us at the same time and end up my application was approved but not my parents'. -_-"
And hence I just went to submit my application to renounce my existing citizenship. There was not much to consider since I can't speak the language there and don't foresee myself living there and there's so much hassle having to fill up forms regularly in a language I can't understand. No loss to me, I think.
But somehow somehow, after submitting the form just now, I suddenly felt sad.
A sense of loss - That I am forgoing my identity of who I had been all these years? Or a sense of guilt - That I am turning my back against my "family & roots" and leaving them behind to start afresh?
No matter what it is, there is no turning back. Not that I want to. I was just surprised by this sudden bout of 'sadness'.
There goes my passport and IC… Now gotta get a pink IC. Actually I kinda like the blue colour more. :p