Sleep can wait...Just completed my first run ever!! A huge pat on my shoulders!! Yaaay!!!!
I won't call it a race because I'm not there to race with anyone, my aim is solely to complete the run!! A few months back, i finally had the courage and determination to take up the daunting challenge to sign up for my first 10km run ever!! Thinking back to the time of sign up when even running 4km was a challenge for me, I have to admit I had come a long way! Haha.. It was such an achievement for me, I feel so proud of myself! :) just now when i was at the 8km mark and was still running without stopping, I was already very proud of myself. Being able to push myself to continue further without stopping until the finishing line, i couldnt help but smile to myself in contentment when I passed the running clock.
I was actually quite nervous the whole of today, because the last time I ran was 2 wks ago plus I am still recovering from my cold and a knee injury. I hoped I could still have a good run despite of the circumstances because I had been looking forward to it for quite sometime (it being my first run and havin spent $40+!! Haha..) really happy it turned out well. My focus during 70% of the run was actually spent on siam-ing pple.. Only in the last 3km was I then able to just focus on my run at my own (decreasing) pace. But I guess the dodging serves as good distraction for me cos it helped to make the run feel shorter than it is. But my legs were really quite worn out by the last km.. My knees and ankles were starting to give way.
Although I took a whooping long 1.5hrs to complete the run (post run check: i took 1:25:58, with half way point at 39:46!!) , it is still an achievement for a non-runner like me. Would I take part in another run again? Definitely not the marathon. Even the half marathon is still out of my reach for now. I would consider another 10km.. but on one condition. The run must not start early in the morning and disrupt my beauty slp!! Haha!!