My ViosI brought my car to the workshop again for the 90k servicing. It is supposed to be the standard servicing, but eventually i paid a total of around $750… because i changed my absorbers and a new battery. The absorbers were not jammed but very soft - the back of the car kept hitting the ground with a loud thud whenever i drove over humps. I had to change them. The battery was so drained that the workshop said that if I had not changed it today, it would not be able to start the car tmr if it rains. (how has it got to do with the rain???) nonetheless, since the existing battery has been used for 4 years, it is time to change so i agreed to it.
i collected my car with a hopeful anxiety that the drive must definitely feel much better? The engine indeed cranked up in a quarter of the time it used to when i turned the key. And it was indeed much more stable when it crossed over humps. However somehow i felt that it had lost a little of its acceleration power. Is it because I was holding back a little as the car seems 'new' to me again after the servicing, or it takes a little while for the engine to 'run in' with the new oil?
I asked to do wheel alignment too but the workshop advised me to change the tyres first. I've only changed them 2 years ago! Does it wear out so fast? oh man.
It is so expensive to maintain a car, especially one that is into its 6 yrs and above. And i still want to send it for grooming (since ages ago) to get back the shine! Should i heck it and just spend the $? But recession is likely to be on the way…