Words can killA while back, in my frustration, I put up a report with one minor detail that was not fully verified. Since it is a detail which is not crucial for decision making, I did not bother to verify it. I should have taken it out since it is not a piece of useful info but I admit I didn't do it because I was very angry over the "tai ji" all over the place and my judgement was clouded by my anger.
While it really had no real impact to the case, and there was no name mentioned, I found out today that it had upset one junior officer rather badly, who even contemplated bringing the issue up to the union. I was very surprised and is really sorry for causing such hurt to him. I really did not foresee this would have caused so much unhappiness in anyone.
I will apologise to the officer personally. Hopefully it will help to lessen some of the pain I have caused. But more importantly, I need to rmb not to repeat such mistake again. This is another lesson I have to learn. Words can kill. As we move higher up the ladder, our words become more important and have a greater impact on more people. I need to more careful in managing people.