At last. We got the keys.At last. After a 2.75-yrs wait, I finally stepped into the apartment which would be where my life would be for the next many yrs to come, which would see the next few (at least) milestones of my life, which would be a place I call my own. My home.
It was such a strange feeling. Having been thinking abt it for so long, imagining for so long how it would look like, and forming a rather vivid image of it in my mind based on the showroom display, it was so familiar yet so unfamiliar when I finally see the final product. Familiar because it is similar to what was shown in the showroom and fb discussion, yet unfamiliar because I am finally standing inside the unit for real.
There was a teeny weeny bit of disappointment with the wall on the window side of the living room, the "spongy" laminate floor in the MBR, and the cheap/poor quality materials that was used on certain items. Nevertheless, there is no major defect spotted so far (at least all water and power pts worked well so far) and I am generally quite happy abt it. Should not have just taken a half day leave for today as my excitement kept me distracted for the rest of the day!
It is only Day 1 and I am missing my home so much already! Can't wait to move in asap!!