First Step towards HopeWe went for the first appointment yesterday morning.
I had thought about it long and hard and wondered if this is really what I want. What if it’s not destined to be and turned out to be bad; will I regret for the rest of my life? But if I don’t give it a go, will I also regret for the rest of my life? I think my answer is yes to both questions.
Consultation plus blood test came up to a total of $500+. Many a times I regretted not getting a referral to get subsidised rates, but I am also concerned whether I would end up being seen by an inexperienced doc. Hope I don’t have to do too many tests and pay so much in subsequent visits.
Dr Tan HH was v patient and encouraging. He looked young at first glance, but could tell he is older than he looked judging from his demeanour. He went through my files and suggested to check whether my tubes are ok, in case the swell returned. Dr Tan shared that blocked tubes are not a problem but swollen tubes will be, as the discharge will be “toxic”. I had expected a transvaginal ultrascan but was still not prepared for one. Had to struggle mentally for a bit before I managed to pull one off (the second one in fact). Really happy and relieved with the findings. Well, one “mystery” solved at least!
With that, we are given the good-to-go. After my blood test result is out, we will probably start the first attempt in Jan next year. Feeling apprehensive yet hopeful.